Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The time came today for us to say goodbye to the most wonderful dog a family could ever ask for.  Our Sophia Samantha passed over the Rainbow Bridge this morning, peacefully and with me holding her.  She had been with us for 16-3/4 years and every day was just a such a joy. 

We've been through a lot of changes in those years; kids growing up, losing family members, gaining new family members, graduations, breakups, more graduations, empty nesting, retirement, new jobs and more. 

Sophie has been such a great source of comfort and companionship for me especially; I can hardly think of enough words to describe how I feel.  Suffice to say the house will be lonely without her and my world will forever change.  I appreciate your continued support as I move forward, Sophie-less.

Here are just a few of my favorites from the hundreds of photos that I have of her.  




This would always bring me to tears, laughing so hard.
She'd eat that just like we did.


Yes, Sophie, that IS a frisbee on top of the Chimenea.  
My sweet and gentle doggie girl.


Frisbee collecting at it's best.  She'd stack them all herself,
then pick them all up together. :-)






4 comments:

  1. Losing pets is the worst thing ever! Sorry for your loss, but it seems like she had a fantastic life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara, I appreciate your post. I'm pretty sure she had a good doggie life with us; no lack of love and attention for sure! She gave us back so much more than she'll ever know. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :-) The kids were babysitting when I had to go back to work after my summer break. Meg took that during the day sometime, not sure she was supposed to be on the couch, but at least she was where the action was. She was such a good puppy, loved to chew on the kitchen cabinets or the table so we rubbed the edges with hot pepper sauce...she kept licking the cabinets, didn't deter her at all! Lol. What a nutty dog.

      Delete