Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Shameless  Shop Plug


Many of you know that I make and sell jewelry from my Maravillosa Jewelry shop on Etsy, but have you been to my photography shop?  Please stop by Thistleandthyme.etsy.com,  take a look and let me know what you like and what you'd like to see me add. 

I really enjoy doing small photo shoots at local venues, my last was at Heritage Village, here in Largo.  Lighting that day was sketchy but I managed a few interesting photos and I've ordered a few to be printed and should have them by early next week to start listing. 
I was also able to take a shot of this guy riding along Walsingham Rd. through the old wavy glass window of the church. I don't know his name or his game, tried to find him after I left the park but no luck; one day I'll find him and ask.  You just never know what you'll see out there! 
Next on the list, when it clears up a bit and my day allows, I'm going back to the Botanical gardens and to Sand Key.  Haven't been to either for a while and early mornings on the beach are just the best, not just for photography but for mind and soul.  That's probably needed right now more than my passion for photos!  Along with those two I also want to find new interesting natural areas, inspiring architecture, horses(!), I'd love to find a pasture of horses; all local if possible.  If you know of anything that would fit the bill please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I do like architect photos. Especially old buildings, maybe with some wear, or abandoned...(okay, Im from Detroit, so I just described my old stomping grounds).....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I'd love to shoot old decayed buildings, cemeteries even, with really cool headstones. I love the old downtown areas of small cities, cool old block and brick buildings or old houses with the fretwork and huge porches. Just finding the places and the time is the challenge. Need a weekend trip somewhere!

      Delete
  2. Sand Key is my favorite beach in the world! I'm sure you'll get some great shots out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of fond memories at Sand Key from way back! I hope to get out there soon!

      Delete