Thursday, January 22, 2015

 Job hunting: Part II

We used to say that working in an elementary school office isn't for the faint of heart, and it's definitely not, but this job hunting thing is truly kicking my butt!  
It's hard enough to find the right job industry fit, the right location, the right pay; and I'm not that picky but also, full  time doesn't always mean 40 hours, it's just under these days and that's likely because of the changes to health care.  
Is it me or have there been a lot of changes to the way things are done in the interview process; it's amazing how unprofessional people can be.  I know I can be a bit of a perfectionist and from the "old school" of business, so some of this stuff really bugs me, maybe more than most people, but come on..."you might want to sit in the green chair, it's probably the cleanest".  Um, really? 
Giving up is not an option so I'll keep sending out resumes and going on interviews when they come up and keeping a good attitude!  
Meanwhile back at the studio, I'm painting some new findings for earrings in some pretty new colors!  Hoping the weather holds out this weekend and I can get out for a photo shoot as well as some product photos for my destash shop.
What's everyone up to this weekend? 

4 comments:

  1. This weekend: Evan has an art event on Friday, Saturday is my birthday, so my whole family has to be my personal slaves (kinda like every other day, but they cant complain about it when its my birthday), Sunday I am checking out a place to rent a booth and sell my goods. I am so excited about that. I didn't want to start anything until summer, but I am doing my homework now.

    Keep on trucking with the interviewing process. You have something fantastic waiting for you. You will know when you go for an interview and think, "this just feels right". Go with your gut and keep us all posted. Best of luck, a company that employs you will be very lucky to have you working for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Birthday weekend! My mom's was a few days ago, my sis went over on Sat and took her to lunch and I went over to see her yesterday, went shopping and we picked up lunch to share with my dad. We're just calling it Birthday Week! I hope you have a wonderful day watching your minions scurrying here and there waiting on you hand and foot! You deserve it! You'll have to update on the booth rental; consignment or like an antique mall? I'm interested in hearing more!

    I'm definitely keeping on top of things, doing my homework and I'll be tuned into my intuition! My Dad once told a friend who was looking for someone in his title office, "If you hire her, just stand back, cuz she'll take over!!" I got the job too! I love that he knows me so well!
    Thanks for the support Tara, I appreciate you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am celebrating my little guy's 7th birthday and then organizing! I've got a new shelving unit that I can't wait to fill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Happy Birthday to your boy! Organizing? What's that? Lol, it feels good to get stuff done doesn't it? I managed to clear out some old clothes from the closet and a few pairs of shoes, painted some earring findings and gathered up things to photo tomorrow. It was just too windy today to get anything done outside!

      Delete