Thursday, April 2, 2015

Saying good bye to March

So long March and thanks for the memories...but don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  
It has been a hell of a year so far; some good, some bad but I'll take both.  How we handle and learn from mistakes, bad choices, wrong turns, and missed opportunities can speak volumes about our character and teach us so much about ourselves, if we choose to listen and continue to grow from all of those experiences.  
Recently I spent some time in Charleston to accompany my bestie while she went through the grieving process for her mom; the wake, the burial and the aftermath.
She did quite well considering all the other factors going on in her world and after I came home she had time to be alone and cry.  I know I'll feel the same when I'm faced with the same process; be strong, hold up those who are visibly having a hard time, endless handshaking and hugs...which are always wonderful and well received, but it's the emotions that we have for our family, that's the most guarded and the hardest to get to and for a good reason.  Those are very deep inside of us, safe and sound where no one can see them.  They come to the surface in times like this, in waves, sometimes for weeks on end.  Thankfully, in my opinion.
Coming home gave me a new appreciation and perspective of what I have, my family, my values and the tiny little place in world that I love and protect with all my might.  

It's now April and I feel happy, fortunate and blessed.  More on that when I'm free to expound but for now, it's the best I've ever felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment